Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Savage Sword of Conan #58|
|Title:||"For the Throne of Zamboula"|
"Mirror of the Manticore"
For the Throne of ZamboulaEdit
Writer: Roy Thomas
Penciller: John Buscema
Inker: Tony DeZuniga
- Conan (Previous chronological appearance in first story of SSOC-57; next chronological appearance in CB-116).
- Balad (Previous appearaence in first story of SSOC-57; dies in this issue).
- Hajimen (Previous appearaence in first story of SSOC-57; no further appearances).
- Zafra (Previous appearaence in first story of SSOC-57; dies in this issue).
- Isparana (Previous appearaence in first story of SSOC-57; next appearance ???).
- Akhiman Khan (Previous appearaence in first story of SSOC-57;no further appearances).
- Chia (Previous appearaence in first story of SSOC-57; dies in this issue).
- A week.
Conan, Balad and Hajimen plot against Akter Khan, who has had Isparana arrested. They plan for Hajimen's Shanki to create a distraction while Conan enters the palace. Unfortunately, Conan is captured, tortured, and ultimately sacrificed to Zafra's magical sword. Conan, however, manages to fight the flying sword back for a few minutes, long enough to cause the sword to attack and kill Zafra. Conan disguises himself as one of Akhter Khan's soldiers and finds Isparana chained in the dungeon. Conan frees the woman, and the two confront Akter Khan, who surprisingly orders his guard out of the room when Conan and Isparana enter. The Khan plans to slay them with his enchanted sword, but Zafra had secretly enchanted the sword to only follow his commands, so it doesn't work. Akter Khan frantically calls for his men, but they are busy being slaughtered by the Shanki and Balad's resistance. Balad kills the Khan and claims the throne for his ow, but then reveals himself to be every bit the tyrant that Akter Khan was. As he prepares to have Conan killed for talking back to him, a mortally wounded Zafra crawls into the room and commands Akter Khan's sword into action. Balad happens to be standing closest to sword, so he becomes its victim, Before Zafra can command the sword again, Conan chops his head off. Akter's son Jungir is named the new Khan, and Isparana stays in Zamboula as Jungir's woman as Conan heads back into the desert.
Savage Sword of Conan #57
|Savage Sword of Conan #58||Next Appearance:|
Conan the Barbarian #116
Conan Saga #63
Mirror of the ManticoreEdit
|Savage Sword of Conan|
Savage Sword of Conan #57
|Savage Sword of Conan #58||Next Issue:|
Savage Sword of Conan #59