Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Savage Sword of Conan #56|
|Title:||"The Sword of Skelos"|
"To Kush and Beyond"
The Sword of SkelosEdit
Writer: Roy Thomas
Penciller: John Buscema
Inker: Tony DeZuniga
- Conan (Previous chronological appearance in second story of SSOC-218; next chronological appearance in first story of SSOC-57).
- Akter Khan (First appearance; next appearance in first story of SSOC-57). Satrap of Turanian Empire and ruler of Zamboula.
- Zafra (First appearance; next appearance in first story of SSOC-57). Zamboulan sorcerer.
- Khassek (First appearance; dies in this issue). Iranistani merchant.
- Hafar (First appearance; no further appearances to date). Vizier of the Khan.
- Chia (First appearance; next appearance in first story of SSOC-57). Mistress of the Khan.
- Arsil and his men (Previous appearance in first story of SSOC-55; no further appearances to date).
- Isparana (Previous appearance in first story of SSOC-55; next appearance in first story of SSOC-57).
- Shadizar and the desert between Zamora and Iranistan.
- A week. This story takes place about two weeks after SSOC-218.
The Satrap of Zamboula, Akter Khan, watches in fascination as the sorcerer Zafra enchants a sword enabling it to fly through the air and strike of its own accord. Only two such swords may be enchanted thusly, so the Khan has his personal sword magically endowed. Meanwhile, in Shadizar, Conan completes a transaction with lady of the evening but is attacked by two thieves hired by a man from Iranistan. Conan makes short work of the thieves and goes to find the man who hired them. Conan finds him, and the man, Khassek, reveals he is working for the Khan of Iranistan, who wants the Eye of Erlik in order to force better trade relations with Zamboula. A run-in with Shadizar soldiers on Conan's trail convinces the barbarian to head to Iranistan with his new-found comrade. Back in Zamboula, Akter Khan completes the spell enchanting his sword by sacrificing a slavegirl. Several days later, while travelling, Conan tells Khassek about his recent adventures with his soul and the Eye or Erlik. Ironically, at that moment, far south, Captain Asril disocvers that Isparana has fled his custody with the help of one of his men. All this is seen by the mage Zafra, who reports to the Khan that the Eye of Erlik is on its way. Conan and Khassek take a shortcut through the former home of the sand-lich, but soon encounter Isparana and the deserter soldier. Khassek and the deserter are killed in the confrontation, but Isparana ultimately has Conan right where she wants him -- on top.
Savage Sword of Conan #218
|Savage Sword of Conan #56||Next Appearance:|
Savage Sword of Conan #57
To Kush and BeyondEdit
|Savage Sword of Conan|
Savage Sword of Conan #55
|Savage Sword of Conan #56||Next Issue:|
Savage Sword of Conan #57