|Savage Sword of Conan #227|
|Title:||"Day of Manhood"|
Day of ManhoodEdit
- Writer: Roy Thomas
- Artist: Mark Pennington
- Letterer: Janice Chiang
- Conan (Last chronological appearance in CB-48 flashback; next chronological appearance in CA-1). Conan turns fifteen in this story.
- Rion (First chronological appearance; next chronological appearance in CA-1). Cimmerian.
- Jongalt (last chronological appearance in second story of SSOC-203; next chronological appearance in CA-2). Cimmerian.
- Drasil (First chronological appearance; appears next in CA-2). Cimmerian.
- Mara (First chronological appearance; appears next in CA-2. Cimmerian.
- Rorem (First appearance; dies in this issue).
- Corin and Greshan (Last chronological appearance in second story of SSOC-89). Conan's parents.
- Conan's village
- A few hours
Conan is uneasy on his fifteenth birthday because his father wants him to become a blacksmith while he wants to be a warrior like Rion. He is about to partake in his coming of age ceremony -- surviving in a ring with a bull until it tires. He is wished luck by Mara and Jongalt, but Drasil, whose brother Conan killed, plots to kill him by having the slightly mentally challenged Rorem stab the bull into a blood frenzy. Conan manages to kill the bull, and when the deceit is discovered, he kills Rorem before Drasil's part in the plot can be revealed. Conan walks off to bond with his father, who, to Conan's surprise, came to the ceremony.
- Rion mentions that the Aquilonians are in the process of building Venarium.
- This story is inspired by segments in Robert E. Howard's "Shadows in Zamboula."
Conan the Barbarian #48
|Savage Sword of Conan #227||Next Appearance:|
Conan the Adventurer #1
|Savage Sword of Conan|
Savage Sword of Conan #226
|Savage Sword of Conan #227||Next Issue:|
Savage Sword of Conan #228