- Korgoth of Barbaria. An animated TV show from Cartoon Nework Studios and Williams Street, created by Aaron Springer. It was cancelled with only one episode released.
- Thrud the Barbarian by Carl Critchlow is a British comic strip that is an obvious parody of Conan.
- Ator was a character created by Italian director Joe d'Amato to capitalize on the popularity of the Conan movies. Four movies were made which featured the Ator character. One of these films - Cave Dwellers - was later featured on Mystery Science Theater 3000. As a result, the film now enjoys modest success as a cult favorite.
- Numerous "Conan the Librarian" parodies have cropped up, including sketches in "Weird Al" Yankovic's comedy film UHF and on the children's television series Reading Rainbow.
- Additionally, a short book, Colin the Librarian, parodies the genre as a whole - the Conan character replaced by "Krap the Conqueror" and "Colin" a socially disfunctional librarian from Earth.
- Independent comic legend Dave Sim's Cerebus the Aardvark also began as a Conan parody, Sim modelling his early art style on that of Barry Windsor-Smith. Sim further parodied the famous introductory lines "Know, O prince..." in a two-page story featuring "Arnold the Isshurian", in the pages of the magazine Epic Illustrated #16 (Marvel Comics). The story parodied both Conan and the Little Nemo strip by Windsor McKay.
- Yet another popular parody of Conan has been Groo the Wanderer by Sergio Aragonés.
- The Eye of Argon by Jim Theis, famous as one of the worst fantasy stories ever written, is inspired by Conan - but is probably only unintentionally parodic.
- Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew! issue 7 (DC 1982), written by Conan comics writer Roy Thomas, features Bow-Zar the Barkbarian (from Barkbaria) - and Robert E. Howard parody Ezra Hound. (See Comic Book Resources.)
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Conan the Barbarian. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Conan Wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|