|Conan the Barbarian #84|
|Editor:||Roy Thomas, Archie Goodwin|
|Title:||"Two Against the Hawk-City!"|
- Conan (Last appearance in the first story of SSOC-97; next appearance in CB-85).
- Zula (First appearance. Previous chronological appearance in ??; next appearance in CB-85).
- Belit (Last appearance in CB-79; next appearance in CB-85).
- Mer-Ath (Last appearance in CB-79; next appearance in ??).
- Neftha (Last appearance in CB-79; next appearance in CB-85).
- One day.
After some time away, Conan finally returns to Harakht and his beloved Belit, but learns that due to a prophetic dream by the high priest Mer-Ath, Belit has been condemned to imprisonment. However, Belit managed to escape with Mer-Ath's wife Neftha as a hostage. Mer-Arh intends to hold Conan captive to coerce Belit. Conan attempts to flee but is stopped by a large black slave. Conan is chained in the dungeons, and the slave, Zula, is placed in the same chamber to rankle Conan. Meanwhile, to the east, Belit and Neftha approach the gates of Luxur. Neftha takes Belit to a temple of Set, where the pirate queen hopes to learn of her father, rumored to have been taken by King Ctesphon. The two women are put into a magically induced sleep in which Belit has visions of pythons. Back in Harakht, Conan and Zula makes peace, and Conan agrees to help Zula travel to Kheshatta and assist him on personal business if Zula can free them both. Zula reveals he is carrying a vial of acid and burns through their chains, then calls for the guards who are swiftly overpowered by the two men. They make their way to the pen of the giant falcons and Zula demonstrates how to control them with a flute. The two men fly to Kheshatta.
- Conan Saga #
- Chronicles of Conan Volume 11: The Dance of the Skull and Other Stories
|Previous Appearance:Conan the Barbarian #97||Conan the Barbarian #84||Next Appearance:Conan the Barbarian #85|
|Conan the Barbarian|
Conan the Barbarian #83
|Conan the Barbarian #84||Next Issue:|
Conan the Barbarian #85